Tesla’s Affordable EV Challenge Rising
The Chevy Bolt is delivering now, with an attention getting range of 238 miles and a mainstream price of US$29,995 (after the Federal tax credit). The first delivery location was likely no accident, as it coincided with the site of the Tesla factory in Fremont, California. Hundreds of deliveries are expected before the year’s end, with many more in 1H 2017. This occurred only 23 months after the Bolt’s unveiling. The car has taken home the Green Car of the Year, Motor Trend Car of the Year, and at least six other major awards and counting.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Off-loading Onboard Computing in Driverless Vehicles: Role of HD Maps, 5G, and the (Edge) Cloud
- ARM Announces New Automotive Solutions, Highlights Importance of Efficiency
- Autotalks Adopts a Dual Support Approach for V2X, But the Industry Needs Simultaneous Operation
- Toyota Invests US$500 Million in Uber Self-Driving, Highlights Mobility through Collaboration Approach
- Simulation is the Key to Industrializing AI in Automotive