Profit Driving Online Used Car Sales
Traditional car dealerships are facing growing competition and impact to a key profit center from evolving online used car sales. Hertz extended its partnership with Shift for its defleeted stock. Shift benefits from a ready supply of cars to fuel its growth beyond L.A. and San Francisco. Hertz gains improved profits versus auction prices, as well as a link to tech savvy buyers. Shift aspires to scale further with post lease vehicles from OEMs. The startup already sold 60% more than the biggest Bay Area dealership in 2016.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Autonomous Public Transit: Hitting the Streets
- BYD Profit Picture Changes, but Diversification Succeeds Beyond China and Auto
- Blockchain in the Supply Chain: Reducing Friction for Faster and More Efficient Logistics
- Fully Autonomous Commercial Vehicles – Smart Solution or Danger Ahead?
- Transportation Management Systems and the Logistics Evolution