Small Cells Densification Upends the Macrocell Economy
At the UBS Global Media and Communications Conference, Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam shared some of Verizon Wireless’s 2016 development, and what we can expect in the upcoming year. A significant portion of the discussion revolved around small cell densification; the CEO shared that “the cost and the ability to deploy had crossed over with the cost of the spectrum.” Infrastructure vendors feel the direct effect, as spectrum acquisition cost can contribute significant drag for additional macrocell deployment, reducing revenues. Operators in other markets can learn from Verizon’s direction, as small cells densification may be cost effective and provide more options.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN
- Indoor, Outdoor, and IoT Network Infrastructure