Small Cells Densification Upends the Macrocell Economy
At the UBS Global Media and Communications Conference, Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam shared some of Verizon Wireless’s 2016 development, and what we can expect in the upcoming year. A significant portion of the discussion revolved around small cell densification; the CEO shared that “the cost and the ability to deploy had crossed over with the cost of the spectrum.” Infrastructure vendors feel the direct effect, as spectrum acquisition cost can contribute significant drag for additional macrocell deployment, reducing revenues. Operators in other markets can learn from Verizon’s direction, as small cells densification may be cost effective and provide more options.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Networks Bi-Annual Update
- Indoor Wireless to 5G: From DAS to Small Cells
- Huawei and ZTE Ban in Australia Will Affect the Global Market
- High Power RF Power Semiconductors for Pulsed Applications Market Data: For the L-Band, S-Band, Avionics and Sub-1 GHz Markets
- Fiber-optic is Important for 5G, but Operators Will Need a Range of Options