Dual Microphones, Smart Assistants, and More: Microsoft and Intel Team Together to Improve PCs
Microsoft and Intel organized a hardware conference, known as the Windows Hardware Engineering Community (WinHEC), to energize and organize PC OEMs around the next initiatives needed to succeed in the tough PC market. During the conference, Microsoft and Intel announced project EVO, a platform for 2017 that will bring new capabilities to PCs. In addition to discussing a set of virtual reality (VR) specifications designed to enable mere mortals to tap into VR, Intel is recommending dual microphone implementations for “far-field voice activation”, similar to systems enabled in Amazon Echo.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Google Home Teardown Summary Report
- Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation) Teardown Summary Report
- Smart Home and Mobile Device Integration
- The Evolving Market for Third-Party Smart Home Platforms: Smart Home Bi-Annual Review
- Industry Survey: Transformative Technology Adoption and Attitudes - Summary