Dual Microphones, Smart Assistants, and More: Microsoft and Intel Team Together to Improve PCs
Microsoft and Intel organized a hardware conference, known as the Windows Hardware Engineering Community (WinHEC), to energize and organize PC OEMs around the next initiatives needed to succeed in the tough PC market. During the conference, Microsoft and Intel announced project EVO, a platform for 2017 that will bring new capabilities to PCs. In addition to discussing a set of virtual reality (VR) specifications designed to enable mere mortals to tap into VR, Intel is recommending dual microphone implementations for “far-field voice activation”, similar to systems enabled in Amazon Echo.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Education and Healthcare Strategies for Smart Cities
- The Case for GDPR Lifting the European Smart Home
- The Emerging Role for Smart Homes in the Smart City
- Alphabet Reveals Nest Losses and Its Own Smart Home Commitment
- Webinar: Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, and Smart Home: the Holy Trinity for Automated Living?