Is CBRS the New DAS?
The coordinated shared spectrum scheme based on the Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) has been specified by the FCC in the U.S. It operates in the 3.5GHz band using TD-LTE. (Note that CBRS should not be confused with the 27MHz Citizens Band radio–a system traditionally used by truck drivers). CBRS claims to solve cellular RF signal distribution for in-building wireless systems, but CBRS rollout will be gated by handset support and competition from LTE-U/LAA, MulteFire, and Wi-Fi.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN
- Indoor, Outdoor, and IoT Network Infrastructure