Is CBRS the New DAS?
The coordinated shared spectrum scheme based on the Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) has been specified by the FCC in the U.S. It operates in the 3.5GHz band using TD-LTE. (Note that CBRS should not be confused with the 27MHz Citizens Band radio–a system traditionally used by truck drivers). CBRS claims to solve cellular RF signal distribution for in-building wireless systems, but CBRS rollout will be gated by handset support and competition from LTE-U/LAA, MulteFire, and Wi-Fi.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Networks Bi-Annual Update
- Indoor Wireless to 5G: From DAS to Small Cells
- Huawei and ZTE Ban in Australia Will Affect the Global Market
- High Power RF Power Semiconductors for Pulsed Applications Market Data: For the L-Band, S-Band, Avionics and Sub-1 GHz Markets
- Fiber-optic is Important for 5G, but Operators Will Need a Range of Options