Is CBRS the New DAS?
The coordinated shared spectrum scheme based on the Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) has been specified by the FCC in the U.S. It operates in the 3.5GHz band using TD-LTE. (Note that CBRS should not be confused with the 27MHz Citizens Band radio–a system traditionally used by truck drivers). CBRS claims to solve cellular RF signal distribution for in-building wireless systems, but CBRS rollout will be gated by handset support and competition from LTE-U/LAA, MulteFire, and Wi-Fi.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?