Is CBRS the New DAS?
The coordinated shared spectrum scheme based on the Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) has been specified by the FCC in the U.S. It operates in the 3.5GHz band using TD-LTE. (Note that CBRS should not be confused with the 27MHz Citizens Band radio–a system traditionally used by truck drivers). CBRS claims to solve cellular RF signal distribution for in-building wireless systems, but CBRS rollout will be gated by handset support and competition from LTE-U/LAA, MulteFire, and Wi-Fi.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Economics: Where is the Industry Heading?
- Despite the Upcoming Data Demand Boom in India, 5G Will Appear Just After 2021
- How Will Huawei Survive in the Current Hostile Global Environment?
- Microwave and Millimeter Wave Vacuum Electron Devices Top US$1 Billion Again
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Clears Hurdle, as Huawei Is Shunned