Will Network Slicing Work?
Spirited discussions have suddenly started due to the network slicing concept, which refers to dividing the telecom network into different “slices” that enable different types of services, or deliver services, to users with distinct requirements. For example, a network slice may enable an IoT application, while another may enable virtual reality. Network slicing has risen from the need for telecom networks that can do more than just provide democratized connectivity to any device, user, or industry vertical.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Will Rakuten Deservedly Become the King of Mobile Network Technology?
- MWC Says 5G Is Here: Maybe for Consumers, but Surely Not for Verticals
- The “Strategy Paradox” in a 5G Era—Ericsson, Huawei, and Nokia Must Embrace “Options” Now to Have Options in the Future
- Network Functions Virtualization Tracker and Forecasts
- Is There Still Something to Look Forward to at MWC19?