BMW’s Car Sharing Service Coming to New York; Ridesharing to be Offered with Partner RideCell
Following previous launches in Seattle and Portland, BMW has now set its eyes on New York as the next location to roll out its ReachNow free-floating premium car sharing service. 250 vehicles, a mix of BMW 3 Series and Mini Clubman, will be made available in 7 neighborhoods of Brooklyn. Pricing will be set at $.49/min ($.30/min during parking), with a one-time set-up payment of US$39. Rental is capped at US$110 for 24 hours.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Uber Fatal Crash Highlights Need for Safety System Independence
- Bringing Distributed Ledgers to Automotive: The Mobility Open Blockchain Initiative
- Smart Mobility Maintenance: Modular Hardware, OTA Updates, and Prognostics
- Door Wide Open for Fleet Maintenance Providers in Automotive Market
- Automotive Sensor Data Crowdsourcing: Leveraging Automotive Megatrends to Transform Connected Car Services