JLR to Implement Gait and Face Biometrics in Keyless Vehicle Access Control
JLR is getting ready to join the biometrics ranks by making use of a new innovative modality combo for keyless vehicle access control. According to a new patent, JLR is implementing a gait and face recognition software security solution in order to “meet consumer expectations of higher value vehicles”. While this is certainly a worthwhile and impressive addition to the already innovative gesture control and HMI (Human Machine Interface) features that JLR has in store for the near future, implementing a gait recognition system can lead to a lot of frustrated users (along with a fair share of strange walks to one’s car).
To find out more about subscribing:
- Phones, Homes, and Cameras: Setting the Stage for a Consumer-Centric Approach to the Biometrics Evolution
- Gait over Here! Will China’s Machine Vision and AI Startups Help Gait Biometric Recognition Back on Its Feet?
- Payment & Banking Card Secure IC Technologies
- UK Government Proposes Mobile Application for Settling EU Citizens Post-Brexit
- Why Public Transport Authorities Need to Embrace the MaaS Opportunity