GE Goes All-in on IIoT Analytics Platform Predix with ServiceMax, Bit Stew, and Wise.io Acquisition
GE is getting a jump on the holiday shopping season. The Boston-based IIoT powerhouse recently agreed to buy ServiceMax, a cloud-based provider of field service management solutions, for US$915 million. Less than 24 hours later at its annual Minds + Machines conference in San Francisco, GE announced the acquisition of not one, but two more companies: Bit Stew Systems ($153 million) and Wise.io (undisclosed).
To find out more about subscribing:
- Agriculture's Digital Transformation - AgTech and Farming
- The Internet of Things: Testing the Waters
- Partnership Reality Check: Vodafone Needs IBM Today and IBM Needs Vodafone Tomorrow
- ABB Ability—Strengthening Customer Relationships and Enhancing the Power of the Control Loop
- Despite the Challenges Ahead, It Falls on Government to Adopt a Three-Pronged Strategy to Improve IoT Security