Online vs. Offline: Which has the Better Longevity in China?
One year ago, ABI Research mentioned that Huawei was stalling Xiaomi’s growth and predicted that Huawei would surpass Xiaomi in the Chinese market. In the second quarter of 2016, Huawei finally became the largest smartphone vendor in its domestic market based on shipments. Adding salt to the wound, Xiaomi not only lost market share to Huawei in China, but also to OPPO and Vivo. According to ABI Research’s 3Q 2016 data, OPPO and Vivo have topped both Huawei and Xiaomi in terms of smartphone shipments in China.
To find out more about subscribing:
- AI Chips in Smartphones Key to Boosting Machine Vision Adoption and Applications
- Smartphone OEMs Need to Review Strategies for 5G RFFE System Designs
- Intel Wants to Be First to Scale with 5G—Not First to Market
- Putting the eSIM Smartphone Impact into Perspective
- Smartwatch Vendors Look to Add More Healthcare Features for Use in Medical Trials