Online vs. Offline: Which has the Better Longevity in China?
One year ago, ABI Research mentioned that Huawei was stalling Xiaomi’s growth and predicted that Huawei would surpass Xiaomi in the Chinese market. In the second quarter of 2016, Huawei finally became the largest smartphone vendor in its domestic market based on shipments. Adding salt to the wound, Xiaomi not only lost market share to Huawei in China, but also to OPPO and Vivo. According to ABI Research’s 3Q 2016 data, OPPO and Vivo have topped both Huawei and Xiaomi in terms of smartphone shipments in China.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Webinar: Mobile Innovation and Investment – Market Shapers and Laggards
- What’s Next for Display Technology in Smartphones?
- Brain-To-Machine UI: Enabling Technologies and Market Outlook
- Smartphone Artificial Intelligence Finds Its Calling in Cameras
- Has the Race to Launch the First 5G Smartphone Begun?