Microsoft Demos Speech Recognition Equaling Human Performance, but “Conversation as a Platform” is a Tactical First Step
Microsoft's research milestone presages conversational speech as an effective interface to a wide range of computational, communicative, and cognitive resources. But the larger goal for Microsoft and other platform providers is the development of truly intelligent systems capable of deep understanding that can seamlessly interact with humans using a combination of sight, sound, touch, and other modalities, to augment, anticipate, and extend human capabilities.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Robotics: Autonomy Solution Providers
- Smart Locks at CES Point the Way
- Disruption from the East: China and South Korea Going from Laggards to Leaders in Robotics Market
- Key Takeaways from 2018 for the Drone Industry
- Robotics for Construction & Extraction