Microsoft Demos Speech Recognition Equaling Human Performance, but “Conversation as a Platform” is a Tactical First Step
Microsoft's research milestone presages conversational speech as an effective interface to a wide range of computational, communicative, and cognitive resources. But the larger goal for Microsoft and other platform providers is the development of truly intelligent systems capable of deep understanding that can seamlessly interact with humans using a combination of sight, sound, touch, and other modalities, to augment, anticipate, and extend human capabilities.
To find out more about subscribing:
- The Democratization of Machine Vision in the Industrial Sector
- The Emerging Role for Smart Homes in the Smart City
- Alphabet Reveals Nest Losses and Its Own Smart Home Commitment
- Webinar: Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, and Smart Home: the Holy Trinity for Automated Living?
- Commercial and Collaborative Robots for E-Commerce