Microsoft Demos Speech Recognition Equaling Human Performance, but “Conversation as a Platform” is a Tactical First Step
Microsoft's research milestone presages conversational speech as an effective interface to a wide range of computational, communicative, and cognitive resources. But the larger goal for Microsoft and other platform providers is the development of truly intelligent systems capable of deep understanding that can seamlessly interact with humans using a combination of sight, sound, touch, and other modalities, to augment, anticipate, and extend human capabilities.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Smart Plug Update Leads the Way for Wide Apple Smart Home Support
- A Closer Look at Cloud Robotics – The Distant Future of Robotics
- Despite Considerable Investment, The Personal Robot Market is Struggling
- The UnTelco in Smart Home: Telco Opportunities and Market Activities
- Machine Vision and the Impact of Artificial Intelligence