Microsoft Demos Speech Recognition Equaling Human Performance, but “Conversation as a Platform” is a Tactical First Step
Microsoft's research milestone presages conversational speech as an effective interface to a wide range of computational, communicative, and cognitive resources. But the larger goal for Microsoft and other platform providers is the development of truly intelligent systems capable of deep understanding that can seamlessly interact with humans using a combination of sight, sound, touch, and other modalities, to augment, anticipate, and extend human capabilities.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Exoskeletons for Industrial Use Cases
- Ikea’s Smart Blinds Move Smart Home Forward
- IoT Market Tracker: Home Automation Systems
- Democratizing Robotics Will Lead to Supply Chain Internalization
- The Mobile Robot Space is Quickly Getting Crowded: Collaboration, Commoditization, and Consolidation to Follow