Microsoft Demos Speech Recognition Equaling Human Performance, but “Conversation as a Platform” is a Tactical First Step
Microsoft's research milestone presages conversational speech as an effective interface to a wide range of computational, communicative, and cognitive resources. But the larger goal for Microsoft and other platform providers is the development of truly intelligent systems capable of deep understanding that can seamlessly interact with humans using a combination of sight, sound, touch, and other modalities, to augment, anticipate, and extend human capabilities.
To find out more about subscribing:
- The Future of Smart Appliances in the Home
- Smart Home Voice Device Shipments Boom But It’s Not About Devices
- Breaking Down The Promise Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles For Urban Transport
- Smart Home Adjacent Market Integration: Smart Home Bi-Annual Review
- Robotics: With Great Technologies Come Great Vulnerabilities