IBM's Blockchain Gambit
IBM has just announced it is investing $200 million in blockchain technology to drive forward its Watson IoT efforts. The firm is opening up a new office in Germany, which will serve as headquarter to new blockchain initiatives. The investment is part of the $3 billion that IBM pledged to develop Watson’s cognitive computing for the IoT. The goal of the new investment is to enable companies to share IoT data in a private blockchain. A commercial implementation is already underway with Finnish company Kouvola Innovation that wants to integrate its capabilities into the IBM Blockchain and link devices for tracking, monitoring, and reporting on shipping container status and location, optimizing packing and transfer of shipments.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Biometric Technologies and Applications
- Biometric Technologies Quarterly Update
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies
- The Path to Mobile Ticketing
- Polycarbonate: Gemalto and IDEMIA Pioneer Laser Color Security Solutions