IBM's Blockchain Gambit
IBM has just announced it is investing $200 million in blockchain technology to drive forward its Watson IoT efforts. The firm is opening up a new office in Germany, which will serve as headquarter to new blockchain initiatives. The investment is part of the $3 billion that IBM pledged to develop Watson’s cognitive computing for the IoT. The goal of the new investment is to enable companies to share IoT data in a private blockchain. A commercial implementation is already underway with Finnish company Kouvola Innovation that wants to integrate its capabilities into the IBM Blockchain and link devices for tracking, monitoring, and reporting on shipping container status and location, optimizing packing and transfer of shipments.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Did Apple Miss the Bus - The Display-Integrated Fingerprint Sensor Gives the Industry a Much-Needed Push
- Fingerprint Sensor Vendors
- Identity Access Management Innovation Takes the Magic Out of Authentication Automation
- Cyber Insurance: Anxious Demand Spurs Growing Market
- Business Model is the Key to Unlocking the Next-Generation Powered Payment Cards Opportunity