Competition Arises in Open Source NFV Orchestration
AT&T open sourced ECOMP and joins a handful of other open source projects aiming to develop NFV management and orchestration software, while Orange is the first operator to publicly announce an ECOMP trial. Although variety in this area may translate to interest growth, it may also translate to fragmentation, which is very likely to delay operator deployments.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Carrier Strategies for Private LTE
- The Public Cloud, a Telco's Friend or Foe?
- What Lessons Must 5G Learn to Conquer End Vertical Markets?
- MVNO Exit Highlights Difficulties for Brazilian Mobile Network Operators
- Telcos' Strategies for Digital Transformation