Competition Arises in Open Source NFV Orchestration
AT&T open sourced ECOMP and joins a handful of other open source projects aiming to develop NFV management and orchestration software, while Orange is the first operator to publicly announce an ECOMP trial. Although variety in this area may translate to interest growth, it may also translate to fragmentation, which is very likely to delay operator deployments.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Will Rakuten Deservedly Become the King of Mobile Network Technology?
- MWC Says 5G Is Here: Maybe for Consumers, but Surely Not for Verticals
- The “Strategy Paradox” in a 5G Era—Ericsson, Huawei, and Nokia Must Embrace “Options” Now to Have Options in the Future
- Network Functions Virtualization Tracker and Forecasts
- Is There Still Something to Look Forward to at MWC19?