Competition Arises in Open Source NFV Orchestration
AT&T open sourced ECOMP and joins a handful of other open source projects aiming to develop NFV management and orchestration software, while Orange is the first operator to publicly announce an ECOMP trial. Although variety in this area may translate to interest growth, it may also translate to fragmentation, which is very likely to delay operator deployments.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Telco Infrastructure Vendors Need to Ride a Wave of Creative Destruction to Address Industrial Verticals
- Vendors Are Now Using Private LTE as a Trojan Horse to Enter Industry Verticals
- Mobile Service Providers Can Use Payment and Finance as Building Blocks for the Digital World
- AI in Telecoms - Bounded Rationality or Wider Ecosystem Game Changer?
- 5G Network Slicing and Industry Verticals