Why It Is Critical for Telecom Operators to Become Digital Service Providers
Customers in almost every industry are growing accustomed to how digitization is transforming their daily lives and are now expecting these services from their telecom operator. The telecom industry is being disrupted by the increasing number of third-party digital communication services, also known as Over the Top (OTT) services, such as Netflix, Skype, Spotify, and WhatsApp. These OTT players are attracting more and more customers away from telecom operators, as they are providing easy-to-use and reliable services, and to make matters worse, they are doing all of this using the telecom network.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Will Rakuten Deservedly Become the King of Mobile Network Technology?
- MWC Says 5G Is Here: Maybe for Consumers, but Surely Not for Verticals
- The “Strategy Paradox” in a 5G Era—Ericsson, Huawei, and Nokia Must Embrace “Options” Now to Have Options in the Future
- Network Functions Virtualization Tracker and Forecasts
- Is There Still Something to Look Forward to at MWC19?