Why It Is Critical for Telecom Operators to Become Digital Service Providers
Customers in almost every industry are growing accustomed to how digitization is transforming their daily lives and are now expecting these services from their telecom operator. The telecom industry is being disrupted by the increasing number of third-party digital communication services, also known as Over the Top (OTT) services, such as Netflix, Skype, Spotify, and WhatsApp. These OTT players are attracting more and more customers away from telecom operators, as they are providing easy-to-use and reliable services, and to make matters worse, they are doing all of this using the telecom network.
To find out more about subscribing:
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?
- UnTelco in Utilities: Telco Opportunities and Market Activities
- Turkcell Shows Mobile Service Providers Are Not Afraid of Innovating
- AI Solving Pain Points in Telco Networks, but the Path to AI Remains Rocky
- Do Mobile Service Providers Have a Role to Play in the Decentralized Web?