The social media service Snapchat announced two new developments: first, a name change from Snapchat to Snap Inc. and second, its first hardware product, Spectacles. The name change highlights the company’s expanding role beyond photo and short video sharing—a shift occurring throughout the realm of social media. The introduction of hardware speaks to this trend, but it also resonates well with the growth and increasing acceptance of wearables.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Two Takes at the Future of Interactive Video: Disney Planning a VR Short and Fable Looks to AI
- OTT and Multiscreen Market Update 2018
- Mobile-First Strategy for Video Streaming Services in Emerging Markets
- Next Generation Video and Content Delivery: 5G, Edge Computing, Mobile Edge Computing, and Information-Centric Networking
- Over the Top (OTT) and Multiscreen Video and Digital Content