The social media service Snapchat announced two new developments: first, a name change from Snapchat to Snap Inc. and second, its first hardware product, Spectacles. The name change highlights the company’s expanding role beyond photo and short video sharing—a shift occurring throughout the realm of social media. The introduction of hardware speaks to this trend, but it also resonates well with the growth and increasing acceptance of wearables.
To find out more about subscribing:
- VR Market Update: Current State and Future of Virtual Reality
- Disney+ Coming, ESPN+ Clears 1 Million Subs, and Other SVOD Growth
- Mobile-First Video Services: Pay TV, OTT, Mobile-First
- “Alexa, Record Next Week’s Show and Order That Actor's Shirt”
- Virtual Reality Company Tracker