The social media service Snapchat announced two new developments: first, a name change from Snapchat to Snap Inc. and second, its first hardware product, Spectacles. The name change highlights the company’s expanding role beyond photo and short video sharing—a shift occurring throughout the realm of social media. The introduction of hardware speaks to this trend, but it also resonates well with the growth and increasing acceptance of wearables.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Advertising Technologies in Video Services
- Device Vendors Getting Ready for 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Deployments
- Augmented and Virtual Reality in Education
- LTE and 5G Fixed Broadband Market Update
- Cloud Gaming Ramping Up with Google Stadia and Wide-Reaching, Multi-Market Impact