2017 Will Be the Tipping Point for USB Type-C
According to ABI Research’s new research Human-Machine Interface Technology Forecasts, 60 million smartphones are expected to be shipped with USB Type-C ports in 2016. We anticipates the sales of USB Type-C adoption to increase greatly in the future because USB Type-C can transmit data, power, and even audio over a single wired connection. Therefore, ABI Research estimates global shipments of smartphones equipped with USB Type-C will reach 830 million in 2021, growing at a CAGR of 69.1% between 2016 and 2021. This momentum is also confirmed by previously published USB Type-C Interfaces insight by Jeff Orr: “All indications are that the supply chain is well on its way to delivering this vision. Focus is now shifting to device and system OEMs to broadly implement Type-C in their product solutions.”
To find out more about subscribing:
- Webinar: Mobile Innovation and Investment – Market Shapers and Laggards
- What’s Next for Display Technology in Smartphones?
- Brain-To-Machine UI: Enabling Technologies and Market Outlook
- Smartphone Artificial Intelligence Finds Its Calling in Cameras
- Has the Race to Launch the First 5G Smartphone Begun?