Apple's AirPods are Missing Activity Tracking
In September, when Apple announced it dropped the headphone jack from the iPhone 7 in favor of wireless earbuds, it meant that its new wireless Apple AirPods launched with maximum impact. The new earbuds use the company’s own W1 chip design and boast a range of user friendly features; however, they lack one key function found in many other hearables already available—the ability to track activity.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Plantronics Pumps US$2 billion into Polycom in Open-Plan Office Smarts Pair Off
- Wearable Devices in the Winter Olympics and Paralympics Help Bring Technology to the Forefront
- Inside the Battle for Dominance in Wearable User Interface
- Safety Wearables Could Help to Save US Businesses US$200 Billion Annually on Insurance and Treatments from Workplace Injuries
- Wearable Device User Interface and User Experience