NBN Co.’s Multi-Technology Mix Strategy Validates Nokia's Acquisition of Gainspeed
Capable of providing data throughput of up to 10Gbps downstream and over 1Gbps upstream, and being backward compatible with predecessor DOCSIS 3.0, DOCSIS 3.1 is no doubt the technology that will maintain the relevancy of cable broadband service. NBN Co. in Australia has been actively integrating cable network and aims to deploy DOCSIS 3.1 in 2017. This validated Nokia’s Gainspeed acquisition, as the company now owns one of the latest technologies in cable broadband to improve its competitiveness.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Device Vendors Getting Ready for 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Deployments
- Augmented and Virtual Reality in Education
- LTE and 5G Fixed Broadband Market Update
- Cloud Gaming Ramping Up with Google Stadia and Wide-Reaching, Multi-Market Impact
- Operators Embrace Next Generation Home-Networking Devices to Provide Robust Whole-Home Wi-Fi