LPWA IoT Signposts from CTIA
LPWA was a hot topic at this year’s CTIA Super Mobility 2016™ show, and several announcements caught our attention reinforcing our opinion that LPWANs will be HetNets in the future. Thees announcements also highlighted the regional differences in the pace and cellular technology preferences for LPWA technology. With a “Cat-M1 first” approach the US on track to offer commercial networks in Q4 2016 or at the beginning of 2017. Other regions will lead with an “NB-IoT First” tactic becoming commercial sometime in 2017. Meanwhile, the window of opportunity to gain market share for proprietary LPWA schemes before the cellular juggernaut hits has been drastically narrowed.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Latin America Network Operator M2M Market Analysis
- Can Electronics Distributors Become the Next Center of Gravity for IoT Solution Enablement?
- MVNO Exit Highlights Difficulties for Brazilian Mobile Network Operators
- Additive Manufacturing, Spare Part Perpetuity, and the Rise of the Microfactory
- The IoT Network That Has Always Been There