OPPO and Vivo’s Surprising Growth in the Industry
In the second quarter of 2016, the Chinese smartphone makers OPPO and Vivo, both owned by BBK Electronics, made it to the top five global smartphone vendors in terms of units shipped, ranking fourth and fifth, respectively. More impressively, in China, OPPO and Vivo are the second and third largest smartphone vendors based on shipment, losing only to Huawei. They were behind Xiaomi, Huawei, and Apple in 2015. ABI Research believes that these two brands will become the mainstay in the top vendor rankings for years to come and are certainly worth a closer look.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Smartphone Market in Need of Key Transformative Technologies to Stimulate Replacement Cycles
- How Does Sony’s New Camera Sensor Fit into the Smartphone Camera Market?
- eSIM and The Consumer Market
- Emergent Mobile Device Technology Trend Analysis
- Emergent Mobile Device Technology Tracker