V2V Makes FCC and NHTSA Competitors
U.S. Cable TV, Internet providers, and other technology firms are hoping to grab a share of the spectrum assigned to transportation for high-speed Wi-Fi. Automotive companies are fighting back to protect the airwaves for future Vehicle to Vehicle (V2V), as part of their connected car strategies. The FCC is positioned to support the wireless providers, while the NHTSA may require V2V in future vehicles.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Is There a Need for Remote Control for Autonomous Vehicles?
- Wi-Fi Alliance Ramps up Wi-Fi Security ahead of 802.11ax Rollout
- OEMs Must Invest in Regional Ridesharing Providers Now to Establish Smart Mobility Business in the Future
- Wireless Connectivity Technology Segmentation & Addressable Markets
- Mojio-Bosch Partnership: Connected Car Aftermarket Leader Eye’s the Embedded Opportunity