V2V Makes FCC and NHTSA Competitors
U.S. Cable TV, Internet providers, and other technology firms are hoping to grab a share of the spectrum assigned to transportation for high-speed Wi-Fi. Automotive companies are fighting back to protect the airwaves for future Vehicle to Vehicle (V2V), as part of their connected car strategies. The FCC is positioned to support the wireless providers, while the NHTSA may require V2V in future vehicles.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Off-loading Onboard Computing in Driverless Vehicles: Role of HD Maps, 5G, and the (Edge) Cloud
- ARM Announces New Automotive Solutions, Highlights Importance of Efficiency
- Autotalks Adopts a Dual Support Approach for V2X, But the Industry Needs Simultaneous Operation
- Toyota Invests US$500 Million in Uber Self-Driving, Highlights Mobility through Collaboration Approach
- Connectivity for the Factory Floor: Opportunities and Challenges for Wireless Technologies