IBM Deep Thunder Takes Precision Energy Analytics by Storm
Back in 2012, IBM and the Vermont Electric Power Company (VELCO) entered into an agreement to build an advanced fiber network to connect transmission substations to the state’s distribution utilities. Following this came a two-year joint development project using coupled data models and related software to increase grid reliability, lower weather event-related OPEX costs, and optimize the utilization of renewable energy generation resource. Today, this system provides both the communications infrastructure to relay usage as well as equipment status information back to utilities and the analytical backend to improve grid resilience and storm response. It also has the support of The Weather Company’s B2B, mobile, and cloud-based assets (proprietary data) acquired by IBM (proprietary technology) late last year.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Low-Power Wide Area Network Market Data
- Tata's MOVE is on the Move!
- The Impact of the T-Mobile/Sprint Merger on the M2M Market
- Analyzing the Market Adoption of LED Streetlights versus Smart Streetlights
- Smart Manufacturing Quarterly Update