IBM Deep Thunder Takes Precision Energy Analytics by Storm
Back in 2012, IBM and the Vermont Electric Power Company (VELCO) entered into an agreement to build an advanced fiber network to connect transmission substations to the state’s distribution utilities. Following this came a two-year joint development project using coupled data models and related software to increase grid reliability, lower weather event-related OPEX costs, and optimize the utilization of renewable energy generation resource. Today, this system provides both the communications infrastructure to relay usage as well as equipment status information back to utilities and the analytical backend to improve grid resilience and storm response. It also has the support of The Weather Company’s B2B, mobile, and cloud-based assets (proprietary data) acquired by IBM (proprietary technology) late last year.
To find out more about subscribing:
- SI/VAR and Partner Program IoT Ecosystem Market Data
- Key Technology Applications in Automotive Manufacturing
- Trade Wars, Security, and the Hikvision/Dahua Video Surveillance Ban
- Balancing Edge and Cloud in the Digital Factory
- India Smart Meter Market Update