Apple TV + Ordering Pizza = More than Just Food
Apple and Papa John’s recent announcement of a pizza ordering app might have gone unnoticed by many. After all, ordering pizzas on devices beyond the computer and phone is nothing new; though, it is a first for Apple TV. Domino’s, for instance, allows users to order pizza through Samsung Smart TVs, select smart watches (Apple Watch, Android Wear, and Pebble) via text message, Twitter, Amazon’s Echo, Ford Sync, and mobile devices. While Papa John’s app is more full-featured, allowing users to select toppings and access the entire menu, when compared to Dominos’ apps—which mostly cater to past/repeat or favorite orders—the intent is the same: making pizza ordering more convenient and spontaneous. The potential here extends well beyond pizzas.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Two Takes at the Future of Interactive Video: Disney Planning a VR Short and Fable Looks to AI
- OTT and Multiscreen Market Update 2018
- Mobile-First Strategy for Video Streaming Services in Emerging Markets
- Next Generation Video and Content Delivery: 5G, Edge Computing, Mobile Edge Computing, and Information-Centric Networking
- Over the Top (OTT) and Multiscreen Video and Digital Content