Apple TV + Ordering Pizza = More than Just Food
Apple and Papa John’s recent announcement of a pizza ordering app might have gone unnoticed by many. After all, ordering pizzas on devices beyond the computer and phone is nothing new; though, it is a first for Apple TV. Domino’s, for instance, allows users to order pizza through Samsung Smart TVs, select smart watches (Apple Watch, Android Wear, and Pebble) via text message, Twitter, Amazon’s Echo, Ford Sync, and mobile devices. While Papa John’s app is more full-featured, allowing users to select toppings and access the entire menu, when compared to Dominos’ apps—which mostly cater to past/repeat or favorite orders—the intent is the same: making pizza ordering more convenient and spontaneous. The potential here extends well beyond pizzas.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Hot Tech Innovators: Virtual Reality
- The Future of VR: 2018 Outlook and Predictions
- 360 Video & Virtual Reality Devices and Services
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning in Video Services
- Residential Wi-Fi Mesh Gaining on the Back of Demand for Whole-Home Wi-Fi