Z-Wave Opens Up Further, Pushes Security
Sigma Designs, the company that has long controlled the popular smart home low energy protocol Z-Wave has announced it is releasing the interoperability layer of the Z-Wave standard into the public domain. The Z-Wave Public Spec provides cloud service developers, gateway makers, and others free access to the Z-Wave layer to enable smoother and cheaper integration of Z-Wave into smart home applications and services, this will allow developers to explore Z-Wave without having to purchase a development kit or sign an NDA.
To find out more about subscribing:
- The Emerging Role for Smart Homes in the Smart City
- Alphabet Reveals Nest Losses and Its Own Smart Home Commitment
- Webinar: Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, and Smart Home: the Holy Trinity for Automated Living?
- Acquisition Spree Highlights the Rush to Single-Brand Smart Home Self-Install Systems
- Smart Home Customer Data – The Next Revenue Opportunity?