Z-Wave Opens Up Further, Pushes Security
Sigma Designs, the company that has long controlled the popular smart home low energy protocol Z-Wave has announced it is releasing the interoperability layer of the Z-Wave standard into the public domain. The Z-Wave Public Spec provides cloud service developers, gateway makers, and others free access to the Z-Wave layer to enable smoother and cheaper integration of Z-Wave into smart home applications and services, this will allow developers to explore Z-Wave without having to purchase a development kit or sign an NDA.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Smart Plug Update Leads the Way for Wide Apple Smart Home Support
- The UnTelco in Smart Home: Telco Opportunities and Market Activities
- Driving Growth in the European Smart Home
- Webinar: Smart Home Data – A Golden Egg or Privacy Invasion?
- Education and Healthcare Strategies for Smart Cities