Free Ad-Based Viewing from Hulu Ends but Lives on at Yahoo!
Hulu, which is owned by Walt Disney, 21st Century Fox, NBC Universal, and Time Warner, announced the end of its free ad-based tier. While this facet of Hulu’s service is ending, consumers will still have access to a similar lineup of content through Yahoo! View, which “features” Hulu content. This arrangement allows Hulu to focus on its subscription services (one tier of which still includes ads) and paves the way for a live TV streaming service akin to Sling TV or PlayStation Vue.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Advertising Technologies in Video Services
- Device Vendors Getting Ready for 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Deployments
- Augmented and Virtual Reality in Education
- LTE and 5G Fixed Broadband Market Update
- Cloud Gaming Ramping Up with Google Stadia and Wide-Reaching, Multi-Market Impact