Free Ad-Based Viewing from Hulu Ends but Lives on at Yahoo!
Hulu, which is owned by Walt Disney, 21st Century Fox, NBC Universal, and Time Warner, announced the end of its free ad-based tier. While this facet of Hulu’s service is ending, consumers will still have access to a similar lineup of content through Yahoo! View, which “features” Hulu content. This arrangement allows Hulu to focus on its subscription services (one tier of which still includes ads) and paves the way for a live TV streaming service akin to Sling TV or PlayStation Vue.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Two Takes at the Future of Interactive Video: Disney Planning a VR Short and Fable Looks to AI
- OTT and Multiscreen Market Update 2018
- Mobile-First Strategy for Video Streaming Services in Emerging Markets
- Next Generation Video and Content Delivery: 5G, Edge Computing, Mobile Edge Computing, and Information-Centric Networking
- Over the Top (OTT) and Multiscreen Video and Digital Content