Free Ad-Based Viewing from Hulu Ends but Lives on at Yahoo!
Hulu, which is owned by Walt Disney, 21st Century Fox, NBC Universal, and Time Warner, announced the end of its free ad-based tier. While this facet of Hulu’s service is ending, consumers will still have access to a similar lineup of content through Yahoo! View, which “features” Hulu content. This arrangement allows Hulu to focus on its subscription services (one tier of which still includes ads) and paves the way for a live TV streaming service akin to Sling TV or PlayStation Vue.
To find out more about subscribing:
- VR Market Update: Current State and Future of Virtual Reality
- Disney+ Coming, ESPN+ Clears 1 Million Subs, and Other SVOD Growth
- Mobile-First Video Services: Pay TV, OTT, Mobile-First
- “Alexa, Record Next Week’s Show and Order That Actor's Shirt”
- Virtual Reality Company Tracker