Low Latency in Wireless Communications Opens New Door for Remote Control in Robotics
5G technology will enable multiple remote applications due to the low latency and high bandwidth nature of the technology. In August 2016, Ericsson and China Mobile conducted the world’s first 5G drone field trial and demonstrated the benefits of mobile network computing and the potential of other 5G technologies such as network slicing. ABI Research discusses the impact of these technologies and their requirements.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Robotics Investment Monitor
- Exoskeletons for Industrial Use Cases
- Democratizing Robotics Will Lead to Supply Chain Internalization
- The Mobile Robot Space is Quickly Getting Crowded: Collaboration, Commoditization, and Consolidation to Follow
- 5G for Critical Communications in Outdoor Robots