Intel Moving into Artificial Intelligence
At the recently held Intel Developer Forum (IDF), the silicon behemoth unveiled its plans to develop an “industry leading” artificial intelligence (AI) platform based on the following capabilities and assets: • Intel’s Next Gen Intel Xeon Phi (Knights Mill) Processor Compute Capabilities – Enhanced variable precision, optimized for scale, adaptable high-capacity memory, improved efficiency, and focused on deep learning • Acquisition of Nervana Systems – Based in San Diego, Nervana developed a deep-learning software and hardware stack. Intel will leverage Nervana’s expertise to optimize the Intel Math Kernel Library and to integrate industry standard frameworks, as well as to improve the AI performance of Xeon and Xeon Phi processors. • Open Access to Libraries - Intel Math Kernel Library – Deep Learning Neural Network, Intel Deep Learning SDK • Support for Open Source Machine Learning Frameworks - Caffe, Theano, etc.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Integrating the Smart Home and the Connected Car
- Industry Survey: Transformative Technology Adoption and Attitudes - Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence in Telecom Networks
- Connected Car Market Data
- Open Source Software and Developer Ecosystems in The Telco Cloud