Ford Goes Fully Driverless by 2021
Ford recently announced its intention to have a high-volume, fully autonomous SAE level 4-capable vehicle in commercial operation by 2021 in a ride-hailing/sharing service. Ford makes it very clear this will be a genuine robotic vehicle, designed to operate without a steering wheel or a gas or brake pedal. This is a refreshing stance amidst increasing and perhaps deliberate terminology confusion between autonomous and driverless vehicles.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Google and Amazon Ready to Push Solutions from Consumer Market to Automotive
- Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Announces New Cloud Platform on Microsoft Azure as OEMs Shift toward Public Cloud Platforms
- Automotive at MWC19: C-V2X, 5G, and MEC
- Next-Generation Automotive Infotainment
- Automotive HMI Market Update