Ford Goes Fully Driverless by 2021
Ford recently announced its intention to have a high-volume, fully autonomous SAE level 4-capable vehicle in commercial operation by 2021 in a ride-hailing/sharing service. Ford makes it very clear this will be a genuine robotic vehicle, designed to operate without a steering wheel or a gas or brake pedal. This is a refreshing stance amidst increasing and perhaps deliberate terminology confusion between autonomous and driverless vehicles.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Is There a Need for Remote Control for Autonomous Vehicles?
- OEMs Must Invest in Regional Ridesharing Providers Now to Establish Smart Mobility Business in the Future
- Mojio-Bosch Partnership: Connected Car Aftermarket Leader Eye’s the Embedded Opportunity
- Vehicle and Mobility Market Data
- Global Ridesharing Vendors