Ford Goes Fully Driverless by 2021
Ford recently announced its intention to have a high-volume, fully autonomous SAE level 4-capable vehicle in commercial operation by 2021 in a ride-hailing/sharing service. Ford makes it very clear this will be a genuine robotic vehicle, designed to operate without a steering wheel or a gas or brake pedal. This is a refreshing stance amidst increasing and perhaps deliberate terminology confusion between autonomous and driverless vehicles.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Door Wide Open for Fleet Maintenance Providers in Automotive Market
- Automotive Sensor Data Crowdsourcing: Leveraging Automotive Megatrends to Transform Connected Car Services
- Transformative Connected Car Services Built on Data Crowdsourcing
- Webinar: Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, and Smart Home: the Holy Trinity for Automated Living?
- The Next Wave of ADAS Packages are the Stepping Stones to More Holistic Safety