Ford Goes Fully Driverless by 2021
Ford recently announced its intention to have a high-volume, fully autonomous SAE level 4-capable vehicle in commercial operation by 2021 in a ride-hailing/sharing service. Ford makes it very clear this will be a genuine robotic vehicle, designed to operate without a steering wheel or a gas or brake pedal. This is a refreshing stance amidst increasing and perhaps deliberate terminology confusion between autonomous and driverless vehicles.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Cinemo Advances Infotainment Experience, while Enabling OEMs to Maintain Crucial Ownership of In-Vehicle Experience
- ADAS and Automation Market Data
- OEM Smart Mobility Initiatives Competitive Assessment
- Volkswagen-Mobileye-Champion: A Blueprint for Autonomous Vehicle Deployment?
- Smart Manufacturing in Automotive