Google Adds Technical Talent with Tactical "Acqui-Hire" of Moodstocks
Unlike many of the headline-making A.I./machine learning acquisitions by technology giants, Google’s Moodstocks purchase did not have ownership of a machine learning platform or technology as a primary goal. The acquisition of Moodstocks was, in reality, an “acqui-hire,” a tactical, incremental addition of technical talent, a skirmish in the larger strategic A.I./machine learning arms race being waged by some of the world’s largest technology companies.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Disruption from the East: China and South Korea Going from Laggards to Leaders in Robotics Market
- Key Takeaways from 2018 for the Drone Industry
- Robotics for Construction & Extraction
- Key Trends in Industrial Robotics Underlie Diversification, Increased Sophistication, and National Competition
- The Year 2019 Should Be One of General Manipulation in Robotics