NHK Broadcast Rio Olympics in 8K Format to Meet 2018 Target
Japanese public broadcaster NHK launched a satellite channel with 8K Super Hi-Vision (SHV) content in August delivering broadcast of Rio Olympics opening and closing ceremonies in 8K format . The 8K broadcast for the Olympic games is a trial for official 8K TV launch in Japan in 2018. Rio Olympics 8K broadcast will not be available to Japanese households but NHK is broadcasting it to selected public viewing locations in the cities of Tokyo and Osaka.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Two Takes at the Future of Interactive Video: Disney Planning a VR Short and Fable Looks to AI
- OTT and Multiscreen Market Update 2018
- Mobile-First Strategy for Video Streaming Services in Emerging Markets
- Next Generation Video and Content Delivery: 5G, Edge Computing, Mobile Edge Computing, and Information-Centric Networking
- Over the Top (OTT) and Multiscreen Video and Digital Content