Google’s Self-Driving Car – A Lot of Future Tech
Google’s Self-Driving Car is really a Software-Defined Car or maybe a Sensor-Defined Car, as it is the software and sensors that define the essence of the vehicle. Google held a public “show and tell” display of two of its tricked-out, self-driving Lexus RX 450h vehicles, with the RADAR and LIDAR sensors for all to see. Seeing and hearing they did, as dozens of Google employees were on hand to talk up the program and facilitate the indoor demonstrations of LIDAR up close and personal. The automotive news points to a bright future for autonomous vehicles, and perhaps the biggest benefits arriving with 5G enabled cooperative mobility.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Bringing Distributed Ledgers to Automotive: The Mobility Open Blockchain Initiative
- Cellular Module Vendor Evolving Strategies as Market Transitions to 4G and LPWA
- Smart Mobility Maintenance: Modular Hardware, OTA Updates, and Prognostics
- Door Wide Open for Fleet Maintenance Providers in Automotive Market
- Low-Power Wide Area Network Market Data