Skin - The New Canvas for Wearable Technology
A combined venture from MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) and Microsoft led to the development of an on-skin wearable that can control smart devices: DuoSkin. Taking inspiration from the in-vogue metallic body art, this temporary tattoo would allow wearers to use their skin as an interface for their computer or smartphone, bringing the benefits of epidermal electronics to low-cost interactive devices.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Wearable Device Market Share and Forecasts
- Wearables Operating Systems and Platforms
- Plantronics Pumps US$2 billion into Polycom in Open-Plan Office Smarts Pair Off
- Wearable Devices in the Winter Olympics and Paralympics Help Bring Technology to the Forefront
- Inside the Battle for Dominance in Wearable User Interface