LPWA Technology and the IoT
There is no silver bullet in the choice of LPWA technology for the IoT. Many solutions and use cases exist, and with the impending commercialization of LTE IoT, the choice will become wider. While proprietary technologies have a time to market advantage today, the window is closing as LTE IoT will launch commercially in the first half of 2017. Many questions remain on the implementation of LTE IoT, but with significant momentum behind it from MNOs, chip, module, and equipment vendors, time will tell whether LTE IoT will live up to its promise.
To find out more about subscribing:
- IoT Hardware Development Kits and Software Platforms
- Telco’s M2M Services Need Defense Options Against Hacked IoT Devices
- Partnerships and Acquisitions in the Maturing IoT Ecosystem
- USC and City of Los Angeles Form IoT Consortium to Drive Smart City Innovation
- Data Centers will be the Bulk of Nvidia’s Business in Five Years’ Time