FCC Clears Path for 5G with New Small Cell Ruling
The FCC announced a measure to make it easier for operators rolling out small cell and DAS systems as well as sets the stage for the evolution to ultra-dense 5G networks. Although 5G architectures are still in definition, they are widely expected to deploy small cells and distributed antenna systems (DAS) as critical elements in the RAN. With this ruling and the recent high band spectrum decision, the FCC continues to remove barriers to network evolution and places the industry on an accelerated path towards 5G.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?