FCC Clears Path for 5G with New Small Cell Ruling
The FCC announced a measure to make it easier for operators rolling out small cell and DAS systems as well as sets the stage for the evolution to ultra-dense 5G networks. Although 5G architectures are still in definition, they are widely expected to deploy small cells and distributed antenna systems (DAS) as critical elements in the RAN. With this ruling and the recent high band spectrum decision, the FCC continues to remove barriers to network evolution and places the industry on an accelerated path towards 5G.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN
- Indoor, Outdoor, and IoT Network Infrastructure