FCC Clears Path for 5G with New Small Cell Ruling
The FCC announced a measure to make it easier for operators rolling out small cell and DAS systems as well as sets the stage for the evolution to ultra-dense 5G networks. Although 5G architectures are still in definition, they are widely expected to deploy small cells and distributed antenna systems (DAS) as critical elements in the RAN. With this ruling and the recent high band spectrum decision, the FCC continues to remove barriers to network evolution and places the industry on an accelerated path towards 5G.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Networks Bi-Annual Update
- Indoor Wireless to 5G: From DAS to Small Cells
- Huawei and ZTE Ban in Australia Will Affect the Global Market
- High Power RF Power Semiconductors for Pulsed Applications Market Data: For the L-Band, S-Band, Avionics and Sub-1 GHz Markets
- Fiber-optic is Important for 5G, but Operators Will Need a Range of Options