Meizu Needs Strategic Thinking, Not Tactical Product Play
On the morning of July 19, Meizu announced the MX6, its latest smartphone that is slightly less powerful than the Meizu Pro 6 unveiled just three months ago. MX6 comes with a number of high-end features, the most notable being the MediaTek Helio deca-core processor, the 12MP rear camera with enhanced focus accuracy and speed, and a 5.5 inch FHD with Touch and Display Driver Integration (TDDI) technology, which makes the display thinner and brighter while keeping the system integration cost to a minimum. With all of these features, MX6 is priced at only US$300, which means that the device is positioned as a mid-range smartphone and is not targeted at the high-end segment of the market.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Smartphone Market in Need of Key Transformative Technologies to Stimulate Replacement Cycles
- How Does Sony’s New Camera Sensor Fit into the Smartphone Camera Market?
- eSIM and The Consumer Market
- Emergent Mobile Device Technology Trend Analysis
- Emergent Mobile Device Technology Tracker