Meizu Needs Strategic Thinking, Not Tactical Product Play
On the morning of July 19, Meizu announced the MX6, its latest smartphone that is slightly less powerful than the Meizu Pro 6 unveiled just three months ago. MX6 comes with a number of high-end features, the most notable being the MediaTek Helio deca-core processor, the 12MP rear camera with enhanced focus accuracy and speed, and a 5.5 inch FHD with Touch and Display Driver Integration (TDDI) technology, which makes the display thinner and brighter while keeping the system integration cost to a minimum. With all of these features, MX6 is priced at only US$300, which means that the device is positioned as a mid-range smartphone and is not targeted at the high-end segment of the market.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Devices, Features, and Technologies (Networks): Vendors, Trends, and Forecasts
- Webinar: Mobile Innovation and Investment – Market Shapers and Laggards
- What’s Next for Display Technology in Smartphones?
- Brain-To-Machine UI: Enabling Technologies and Market Outlook
- Smartphone Artificial Intelligence Finds Its Calling in Cameras