Qatar to Launch Nationwide Emergency Response Public LTE Access
In May 2016, Qatar launched nationwide emergency response public LTE access, echoing similar launch in South Korea in February 2016. Public safety LTE is expected to enhance public emergency response in providing video-streaming, real time analytics, and rich feedback. As 3GPP is expected to introduce several public safety related enhancements in Release 13, ABI Research believes that public safety LTE is going to be disruptive and beneficial.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?