Seeing the Bigger Picture of SoftBank’s Potential Acquisition of ARM Holdings
A number of SoftBank’s investors took umbrage with its CEO, Masayoshi Son, when SoftBank announced it would acquire ARM Holdings, the UK firm behind the ARM application processor architectures. Semiconductor vendors such as Qualcomm, Samsung, Apple, etc., then use the ARM chipset architectures and/or the processor instruction set to mass produce APUs that power more than 95% of the world’s handset and smartphones. Despite ARM’s dominance in one of the world’s most important industries (ICT), SoftBank’s shares dropped 10% in trading on Tuesday, July 19, 2016. Why the bolt for the exits by investors?
To find out more about subscribing:
- Low-Power Wide Area Network Market Data
- Tata's MOVE is on the Move!
- The Impact of the T-Mobile/Sprint Merger on the M2M Market
- Analyzing the Market Adoption of LED Streetlights versus Smart Streetlights
- Expectations and Considerations for the Identity of Things