Infineon Acquires Wolfspeed
On July 14 it was announced that Infineon Technologies will acquire Wolfspeed, the recently spun-off Cree Division for power and RF power semiconductors. The transaction entails $720M of incremental debt and $130M in cash. Cree’s board of directors and Infineon’s supervisory board have already approved the transaction. Regulatory approvals are next in line and the process is expected to be finalized by the end of 2016.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN
- Indoor, Outdoor, and IoT Network Infrastructure