Infineon Acquires Wolfspeed
On July 14 it was announced that Infineon Technologies will acquire Wolfspeed, the recently spun-off Cree Division for power and RF power semiconductors. The transaction entails $720M of incremental debt and $130M in cash. Cree’s board of directors and Infineon’s supervisory board have already approved the transaction. Regulatory approvals are next in line and the process is expected to be finalized by the end of 2016.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?