NB-IoT Backed Against the Wall in the LPWAN World
SK Telecom throws down the IoT gauntlet with a nationwide LoRa deployment. More importantly, they publish list prices for IoT data plans that are an order of magnitude lower than consumer 4G plans. This argues that 3GPP NB-IoT operators will face many challenges to match LPWAN tariffs for the many billions of IoT devices in the near future. This Insight looks into the data tariffs and compares LPWAN IoT and 4G LTE, with a suggested strategy for NB-IoT to thrive in the LPWAN world.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Internet of Everything Market Tracker
- Will T-Mobile's NB-IoT Undercut Verizon and AT&T’s LTE-M Offerings?
- Adoption of Global Asset Tracking Solutions Will Accelerate with North American Telcos’ Backing of NB-IoT
- M2M Embedded Cellular Modules
- Analyst Recommendations for Huawei’s IoT Strategy