Three Flavors of Wi-Fi and LTE Aggregation
With the rising popularity of LTE unlicensed solutions among operators, the Wi-Fi community remains concerned about the possible disruption to Wi-Fi services and business models. LTE unlicensed technologies run complementary data streams in the 5 GHz unlicensed band, which is shared with Wi-Fi services. While providing operators with additional capacity, LTE-U technologies need to adopt coexistence mechanisms to play fairly with Wi-Fi. The implementation of such enhancements are still subject to disagreements and debate between the mobile operators and the Wi-Fi community.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?