Three Flavors of Wi-Fi and LTE Aggregation
With the rising popularity of LTE unlicensed solutions among operators, the Wi-Fi community remains concerned about the possible disruption to Wi-Fi services and business models. LTE unlicensed technologies run complementary data streams in the 5 GHz unlicensed band, which is shared with Wi-Fi services. While providing operators with additional capacity, LTE-U technologies need to adopt coexistence mechanisms to play fairly with Wi-Fi. The implementation of such enhancements are still subject to disagreements and debate between the mobile operators and the Wi-Fi community.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN
- Indoor, Outdoor, and IoT Network Infrastructure