Three Flavors of Wi-Fi and LTE Aggregation
With the rising popularity of LTE unlicensed solutions among operators, the Wi-Fi community remains concerned about the possible disruption to Wi-Fi services and business models. LTE unlicensed technologies run complementary data streams in the 5 GHz unlicensed band, which is shared with Wi-Fi services. While providing operators with additional capacity, LTE-U technologies need to adopt coexistence mechanisms to play fairly with Wi-Fi. The implementation of such enhancements are still subject to disagreements and debate between the mobile operators and the Wi-Fi community.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Networks Bi-Annual Update
- Indoor Wireless to 5G: From DAS to Small Cells
- Huawei and ZTE Ban in Australia Will Affect the Global Market
- High Power RF Power Semiconductors for Pulsed Applications Market Data: For the L-Band, S-Band, Avionics and Sub-1 GHz Markets
- Fiber-optic is Important for 5G, but Operators Will Need a Range of Options