Lack of Wi-Fi Service Incites MulteFire Adoption
Last month, the Saudi Telecom Company (STC) and Nokia conducted the first trial for MulteFire, a standalone LTE unlicensed technology, in Saudi Arabia. Designed to demonstrate MulteFire’s high data rate delivery and its improved range compared to Wi-Fi, the trial also aimed to show how the technology would coexist with Wi-Fi in the 5 GHz unlicensed band.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?