Lack of Wi-Fi Service Incites MulteFire Adoption
Last month, the Saudi Telecom Company (STC) and Nokia conducted the first trial for MulteFire, a standalone LTE unlicensed technology, in Saudi Arabia. Designed to demonstrate MulteFire’s high data rate delivery and its improved range compared to Wi-Fi, the trial also aimed to show how the technology would coexist with Wi-Fi in the 5 GHz unlicensed band.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Emerging as Competitive Arena for Mobile Broadband, Cable, and Fixed Wireless
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN