Will Apple Make a Watch Camera Appealing?
The next edition of Apple’s smartwatch is widely expected to have a built-in camera. Fueling speculation ahead of Apple’s traditional September round of new product announcements are new features in the recently released watchOS 2 and a patent filed by Apple back in 2014. Apple would not be the first to integrate a camera into a smartwatch, but it may have the complimentary apps that can make the feature more appealing to consumers.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Wearable Device Market Share and Forecasts
- Wearables Operating Systems and Platforms
- Plantronics Pumps US$2 billion into Polycom in Open-Plan Office Smarts Pair Off
- Wearable Devices in the Winter Olympics and Paralympics Help Bring Technology to the Forefront
- Inside the Battle for Dominance in Wearable User Interface