Momentum Growing for Automotive Cloud Services
Multiple announcements in the last month on connected cloud services for cars included Samsung’s acquisition of Joyent, a cloud provider, to enhance and scale their IoT and connected car services. Elektrobit also showcased EB cadian, a cloud-based service for directed and customizable remote inspection of a car’s performance. Coverage can include risk analytics, device management platforms using Over the Air(OTA), and fleet management. The industry anticipates a future with 25 gigabytes of data going to the cloud per car, per hour. The test will be in how to monetize the data and address expected privacy and security challenges.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Door Wide Open for Fleet Maintenance Providers in Automotive Market
- Automotive Sensor Data Crowdsourcing: Leveraging Automotive Megatrends to Transform Connected Car Services
- Transformative Connected Car Services Built on Data Crowdsourcing
- Webinar: Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, and Smart Home: the Holy Trinity for Automated Living?
- The Next Wave of ADAS Packages are the Stepping Stones to More Holistic Safety