Momentum Growing for Automotive Cloud Services
Multiple announcements in the last month on connected cloud services for cars included Samsung’s acquisition of Joyent, a cloud provider, to enhance and scale their IoT and connected car services. Elektrobit also showcased EB cadian, a cloud-based service for directed and customizable remote inspection of a car’s performance. Coverage can include risk analytics, device management platforms using Over the Air(OTA), and fleet management. The industry anticipates a future with 25 gigabytes of data going to the cloud per car, per hour. The test will be in how to monetize the data and address expected privacy and security challenges.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Denso Announces Mobility-Focused Strategy as Tier Ones Attempt to Address Rapidly Changing Ecosystem
- Autonomous Vehicle Ecosystem Analysis
- Off-loading Onboard Computing in Driverless Vehicles: Role of HD Maps, 5G, and the (Edge) Cloud
- ARM Announces New Automotive Solutions, Highlights Importance of Efficiency
- Autotalks Adopts a Dual Support Approach for V2X, But the Industry Needs Simultaneous Operation