Momentum Growing for Automotive Cloud Services
Multiple announcements in the last month on connected cloud services for cars included Samsung’s acquisition of Joyent, a cloud provider, to enhance and scale their IoT and connected car services. Elektrobit also showcased EB cadian, a cloud-based service for directed and customizable remote inspection of a car’s performance. Coverage can include risk analytics, device management platforms using Over the Air(OTA), and fleet management. The industry anticipates a future with 25 gigabytes of data going to the cloud per car, per hour. The test will be in how to monetize the data and address expected privacy and security challenges.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Smart Mobility and Automotive Semi-Annual Update
- Is There a Need for Remote Control for Autonomous Vehicles?
- OEMs Must Invest in Regional Ridesharing Providers Now to Establish Smart Mobility Business in the Future
- Mojio-Bosch Partnership: Connected Car Aftermarket Leader Eye’s the Embedded Opportunity
- Vehicle and Mobility Market Data