SmartBin Gets Acquired and Announces New LPWA-based Products
The end of May 2016 was full of newsworthy events for SmartBin, a Dublin-based provider of IoT solutions for the management of waste bins that was featured in ABI Research’s “Hot Tech Innovators 2015” white paper last year. On May 31, it was announced that the Irish company was acquired by OnePlus Corp., a provider of waste compactor monitoring solutions based in Illinois, U.S. On the same day SmartBin also announced the release of its newest product, the Metro series of sensors, specifically designed for metropolitan uses in both underground and surface containers. The new sensors will be provided with either LoRa or SIGFOX connectivity, to take advantage of their lower data-plan cost and lower power consumption compared to the company’s original cellular-based solutions.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Latin America Network Operator M2M Market Analysis
- Can Electronics Distributors Become the Next Center of Gravity for IoT Solution Enablement?
- MVNO Exit Highlights Difficulties for Brazilian Mobile Network Operators
- Urban Resilience: A New Smart Cities Objective
- Additive Manufacturing, Spare Part Perpetuity, and the Rise of the Microfactory