Never Mind Car and Ride Sharing; Here comes Mobility-as-a-Service
While the Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) concept was already introduced at the 2014 ITS European Congress in Helsinki, it made its official appearance at the ITS World Congress in Bordeaux, France in 2015 with the launch of the MaaS Alliance, the first initiative aimed at “building an open market in seamless, demand-based travel,” allowing the offering of “easy access to the most appropriate transport mode or service included in a bundle of flexible travel service options for end users.” The MaaS Alliance is a public-private partnership with members including Siemens, Xerox, Ertico, ACEA, Ericsson, FIA, Finnish Ministry of Transport and Communications, ITS Finland, ITS Sweden, Transport for London, and the University of Tampere. MaaS was also a major theme at the recently held TU Automotive Detroit connected car conference.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Google and Amazon Ready to Push Solutions from Consumer Market to Automotive
- Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Announces New Cloud Platform on Microsoft Azure as OEMs Shift toward Public Cloud Platforms
- Automotive at MWC19: C-V2X, 5G, and MEC
- Next-Generation Automotive Infotainment
- Automotive HMI Market Update