Role Of Facilities Management in Smart Buildings
Facilities management is a fast-growing market and as the market matures, there is substantial sophistication and complexity in managing the supply chain and developing the necessary skills and capabilities to deliver the necessary building services.
Recent developments in technology, communication, and connected objects have disrupted traditional practices and created a range of options for facility managers. The information derived from building automation systems and integration of building assets such as CCTV, fire alarms, access control systems, and security systems, are fostering innovative applications and use data to deliver advanced analytics services. The Internet of Things has caused disruption across industries, and challenges existing practices and business models. The value in IoT and its evolution in the FM industry are expected to have a significant impact, but the process of transition is still at its initial stages.
The report will analyze the role of Facilities Management (FM) market in the adoption of smart building technologies. The report will also provide an overview of the building FM value chain and the impact the impact of IoT in delivering intelligent FM services in key regions which includes North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa.
Table of Contents
- 1. BUILDING FACILITIES MANAGEMENT: VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS
- 1.1. Value Chain analysis of Building Facilities Management
- 1.2. Impact of IoT in Facilities Management
- 2. IOT- AN FM OPPORTUNITY OR THREAT
- 2.1. Risks
- 2.2. Opportunities
- 2.3. Commercial Building automation services revenues
- 3. IOT AS A SERVICE IN SMART BUILDINGS
- 3.1. Lighting as a service- LaaS
- 3.2. Managed HVAC solutions and IoT
- 3.3. Managed access, security, and video surveillance systems
- 3.4. Convergence of Fire and Life Safety in smart buildings
- 3.5. Vendor Landscape
- 4. CONCLUSION
- 5. RELATED RESEARCH