Android Pay Launches in the UK
It's official: Google has launched Android Pay in the UK, with the tech giant outlining its regional choice. This is based on the UK’s penetration of smartphones, alongside the population’s increasing familiarity with contactless payments and the more established contactless infrastructure in place, which Google can leverage. Android Pay will join Apple Pay, which launched in the UK in the summer of 2015, beating its other main rival, Samsung, to the UK punch.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Identities and Derived Credentials
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- The IT versus OT Conundrum Brings New Cybersecurity Challenges for Connected Industrial Control Systems
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies Market Update
- eSIM: Consumer, M2M, and IoT Market Update