Android VR, Daydream, and the Outlook for Mobile-Based Virtual Reality
Google I/O brought the reveal of Android virtual reality (VR) with Daydream, the next step for mobile VR coming with Android N, the next iteration of the OS. OS-level support for VR will offer far-reaching advantages and improvements in the VR space, and the reference design for Google’s HMD will bring new devices and competition.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Content Piracy Is an Increasing Threat to Pay TV and OTT
- VR Market Update: Current State and Future of Virtual Reality
- Disney+ Coming, ESPN+ Clears 1 Million Subs, and Other SVOD Growth
- Mobile-First Video Services: Pay TV, OTT, Mobile-First
- “Alexa, Record Next Week’s Show and Order That Actor's Shirt”