In 2011, a social startup began with a life-saving idea in mind, looking to use the power from mobile basestations as an electricity source for cold-chain logistics, specifically for vaccine storage and handling. Founded by Dr. Harvey Rubin from the University of Pennsylvania, Energize the Chain wishes to address the demand for vaccine storage and handling in rural and off-grid regions by relying on basestation power. The organization has been running projects with relevant industry players in Ghana, Zimbabwe, and India, and will soon start a trial in Myanmar.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Emerging as Competitive Arena for Mobile Broadband, Cable, and Fixed Wireless
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN