Daimler Transforms into US Transit Aggregator
Daimler subsidiary moovel Group recently announced moovel NA. This is a merger of two companies: GlobeSherpa, a provider of mobile tickets for public transit, deployed in 11 urban US cities, and RideScout, the “KAYAK of ground transportation,” a software development kit (SDK) for cars, bikes, and other shared transport. The newly-branded portfolio includes the moovel app, the moovel transit platform, and the RideTap SDK. Daimler expects moovel to help addresses commuters’ “last mile” struggles. The US has a stagnant 5% usage of mass transit with a number of fragmented transport solutions and apps. This can bring significant efficiencies to public transit providers through the reduction of manual ticketing time.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Door Wide Open for Fleet Maintenance Providers in Automotive Market
- Automotive Sensor Data Crowdsourcing: Leveraging Automotive Megatrends to Transform Connected Car Services
- Transformative Connected Car Services Built on Data Crowdsourcing
- Webinar: Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, and Smart Home: the Holy Trinity for Automated Living?
- The Next Wave of ADAS Packages are the Stepping Stones to More Holistic Safety