Daimler Transforms into US Transit Aggregator
Daimler subsidiary moovel Group recently announced moovel NA. This is a merger of two companies: GlobeSherpa, a provider of mobile tickets for public transit, deployed in 11 urban US cities, and RideScout, the “KAYAK of ground transportation,” a software development kit (SDK) for cars, bikes, and other shared transport. The newly-branded portfolio includes the moovel app, the moovel transit platform, and the RideTap SDK. Daimler expects moovel to help addresses commuters’ “last mile” struggles. The US has a stagnant 5% usage of mass transit with a number of fragmented transport solutions and apps. This can bring significant efficiencies to public transit providers through the reduction of manual ticketing time.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Google and Amazon Ready to Push Solutions from Consumer Market to Automotive
- Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Announces New Cloud Platform on Microsoft Azure as OEMs Shift toward Public Cloud Platforms
- Automotive at MWC19: C-V2X, 5G, and MEC
- Next-Generation Automotive Infotainment
- Automotive HMI Market Update